Hi, I`m 28 and having the trouble with my sleep. I sleep about 12 hours, with few interruptions (to go to the bathroom). And still, even after sleeping for a long time like that, it is very hard for me to wake up. And when I finally wake up, I feel confused and a bit drunk. My sleep is not refreshing, and no matter how long do I sleep, I can`t get enough of it. I`m also very depressed. I heard about idiopathic hypersomnia, could it be it?

Hi, idiopathic hypersomnia is a sleep disorder. You can sleep for 14 hours and still feeling sleepy. And when you wake up you can feel drunk, that is why it`s called sleep drunkenness. Confusion and that drunk-feeling are common after morning awakening or after naps. Naps are also longer and not refreshing. Idiopathic hypersomnia with long sleep time is a disorder of severe sleepiness. Persons with idiopathis hypersomnia may forget doing simple activities. About 20 percent of people with idiopathic hypersomnia may have depression symptoms. Some people with idiopathic hypersomnia have symptoms that resemble narcolepsy, such as sleep paralysis and hallucinations. Only that with idiopathic hypersomnia you won`t have a sudden attack of muscle weakness or episodes of quickly entering REM sleep. Also, idiopathic hypersomnia starts slowly before the age of 30.