Hi, my son has a possible sleeping disorder, he`s not getting enough sleep. He`s only 10 years old and sleep every night for some 6-7 hours. My son can`t fall asleep easily, he`s often tired in school and during the day. Adults need to sleep about 9 hours, so I`m not sure if it`s normal for him to sleep only 6 or 7. Is this a sleep disorder or not?

Hi, have a kid myself and know that school-aged children need some 9 and 12 hours of sleep at night. So, your son has a possible sleep disorder. And here is some advice, from one mother to another: bed-time should be a special time. Read him a story or bring him warm milk before bed. Find his sleeping time – look for the time when he gets tired, and make a bed-time routine. Keep his day routine regular (waking time, meals, naps, play time). Make sure he has activity day, fresh air will do him good. Never send him to bed as a threat. And cut down on chocolate, TV and cola.