Hi, I have some questions to pose you and would really like to find out a bit more about this problem.
My best friend recently started to suffer from some strange symptoms. Few days ago he got fired because his employee found him sleeping in his office.
I know that he is workaholic and I thought it was caused by tiredness. He found another job but these sleep episodes seamed to happen again. So, he went to the doctor because he suspected that this could be caused by low blood pressure or something similar but doctor, after few testings, set the diagnosis- narcolepsy.
He became desperate and I want to help him by providing him more information about his disease.

I know a few informations about your friend’s disease and I will share them with you.
Narcolepsy is a chronic neurological disorder caused by the brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally.
People with narcolepsy experience excessive daytime sleepiness and intermittent, uncontrollable episodes of sleep –microsleeps and loss of muscle control during the day.
People tend to think that the individual falling asleep or appearing to lose consciousness suddenly while eating, talking, working or shopping is faking or purposely doing it.
I'm very sorry to say but Narcolepsy is a very serious condition that can have severe repercussions.
Most activities, including driving, working, cooking or even just walking, can be very dangerous if the person doing them falls asleep or loses muscle control unexpectedly.
At this moment, there is no sure for this disease. There are some medications that help patients to control cataplexy-muscle control.