Hello, good people. My friend suspects that he is allergic to plastic. He always gets rash when he puts some plastic material on his skin. I would like to know if there is anyone who has been tested for plastic allergies. I would really appreciate this piece of info. Thank you in advance.

Hello, there. My friend has latex allergy. I know it is not the same. Latex is more like a rubber, but I don’t know anyone with plastic allergy. He got tested. As far as I understood, there are two allergies. There is latex-specific IgE testing. This is blood tests. IgE are proteins – immunoglobulins that are produced lymphocytes as a result of an allergen. Other is standard prick test. Your friend should consult a doctor about this.

Yes, I have allergies to plastics. They cause nerve pain/sciatica when I come in contact with them. I went to a NAET practitioner and that helped some, but I later was diagnosed with Lyme disease. It appears my immune system is so overwhelmed that I react to everyday toxins in our environment.