I have been using the vibrator off and on for few years, and I have noticed that after I use it I have to go to the bathroom and urinate. Whenever I urinate my urethra burns and I fell irritation. I wanted to know is it because of the use of the vibrator or a UTI. I also don’t get regular periods.

Yes, your urethra burn and irritation can be due to vibrator. Vibrator use can damage the nervous endings and fibers of the sensory/parasympathetic/sympathetic nervous branches and blood vessels in the clitoris, urethra, bladder, vagina, cervix, uterus, ovaries, rectum and anus…. Over-Masturbation and excessive orgasm will cause the hypothalamus/pituitary-ovarian functional and neuro-endocrine disorders after the brain's dopamine, acetylcholine and serotonin are burned out, resulting in excessive dopamine-andrenalin conversion, excessive adrenalin trapped in the tissue, and a lack of Prostaglandin E-1 (PGE-1) synthesis for the relaxation/elasticity and healing of the local nerves and tissues.

Welt - thank you for your response. My doctor also mentioned the Prostaglandin issue and prescribed Ativan for pain relief. Although it helps, this is difficult to take during the day when I need to be alert. I've now been in constant urethra pain for 2-3 weeks due to vibrator use. It first started 4 months ago, when it went into an Interstital Cystitis flareup for 4 months. I had about 4 days being pain free, then I used the vibrator 2-3 weeks ago.

What can women like us do to repair the nerve damage? Living with chronic pain is taking it's toll!

If your vibrator isn't a hard plastic, or non porous at least, throw it out right away and get a new one. The porous material on some vibrators can collect bacteria and germs, which can in turn make you sick, cause burning, irritation, and UTI's. Without leaving them to sit in a bleach/alcohol/water mixture it's next to impossible to get a porous vibrator completely clean.

"Soft rubber vibrators, which most people choose for penetration can be made of a variety of materials: silicone , jelly rubber , cyberskin, vinyl, and all manner of silicone/jelly mixes. One of the benefits of any soft rubber vibrator is that it will be quieter than hard plastic, and if you drop it, it’s less likely to crack.

Silicone is the best quality material for a soft rubber vibrator; it is the cleanest and safest material, it transmits vibrations best (so the motor will feel stronger), it is easiest to clean, and it retains temperature better than other rubbers. The only drawback to silicone is the cost. Also you cannot use silicone based lubricants with a silicone vibrator.

Currently most jelly rubber vibrators contain phthalates and should always be used with condoms. These along with latex vibrators, which are usually filled with foam, absorb vibrations a bit more, so they tend to be milder than silicone or hard plastic. The main benefit of these vibrators is their inexpensive price.

There are some vibrators that have a hard plastic shell which is then covered in a softer material like silicone or jelly rubber. These vibrators often have the benefit of strength with the softer feel which some people prefer."

If you're going to shop online I'd suggest , if for no other reason than it has a filter option for hypoallergenic vibrators so you know that what you are getting is safe. They also have quite a few information videos about vibrators and their materials which might help you find just what you're looking for.
Keep in mind when shopping for a new vibrator to check for "hypoallergenic" to be written somewhere on the packaging, or website, if it isn't a hard plastic or metal material. Hope that this helps :)

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

This just happened to me, because I overused it I guess. This started 3 days ago. My Urethra burns and hurts when I urinate and I am experiencing incontenance. I pray and hope i fully recover. I am drinking cranberry jiuce which helps with the pain but not the incontiance. I do not intent to over use this again. I will stop after 2 or 4 orgasms so this does not happen again..

Health Guru
Hi, have you been tested for a UTI and is it only after using the vibrator it burns when you urinate or everytime?

I have been using a simple pill called AZO max strength from my local family dollar. There was no need for emergency bills! As long as you drink lots, and ONLY water it will go away! Im a lesbian of 7 years so thank you for the info on what toy is safe to buy.

i found this about the vibrator types useful i myself love my toys  but i have noticed when i use it it makes my skin feel like its on fire  the ony time i feel this sensation is from the use of the toy i can have normal sex with my man and never get this feeling  it is almost a instant feeling when ever i use the toy  so as much as i hate to im toss it out i can masterbate with out it and or have normal sex with my man and not have this buring or pain feeling so the toy is not worth that much to me lol   but i wonder why  when i use the toy it causes a instant burning and pain to the skin 

So since u used the vibrator it damaged u? Am i getting this correct?? I recently am encountering the same issue i have to constantly urinate and i went into the walkin 3 times and they said sum about interstitial cysitiis to. So what would this mean exactly? Im yet to see a sepcialist,? What can u recommend please im so very scared!
did this cause me damage and how can i fix this

So u is a lesbian

I have had this several times over the years. It has never been a UTI. I never get this from sec orgasms. It only occurs if I use my vibrator too long or too much pressure. I then feel like I constantly have to pee and discomfort. Usually for me it goes away after a few days.

sounds like you may simply have a urinary tract infection.

I'm a male who is single, and I use a hard plastic vibrator for orgasm against my penis, and it does irritate my urethra and makes it burn to pee. I noticed the vibrator is extremely powerful and loud. If I lay off using it the irritation goes away, if I start using it the irritation begins again.

Seriously??? Are you for real?

So can it be reversed or is the damage permitent