I'm on the Depo Provera shot; next week I get my next shot. I've been spotting as an irregular period for a couple weeks, so I know I'm not pregnant. However, my boyfriend ejaculated before we hung out, and claims he didn't get any on his fingers, but I'm still worried. We hung out about 4 hours later, and he fingered me then. Could I possibly be pregnant if there was any micro sperm that was dried on his hands? I believe him when he says there wasn't any, but I always look at the 'what ifs' is it possible to be pregnant by dry sperm and being fingered?

Hi Guest,

Sperm dies when it dries so chances are very low.

Your Depo shot actually has a bit of an overlap before it "stops" being effective.  If you are getting it "on-time" then you are protected.

Hope it helps.

This may sound kind of stupid, but I've read multiple theories online, but none of them stopped the worrying. If the sperm is dry, could it become effective again if it enters my body with his fingers? So to say, "come back to life" if there was any present at all.

Not if it is dry.

It's not a virus, it doesn't go dormant. But the question is, was it really dry?

I'd focus more on the effectiveness of Depo instead of worrying about sperm being dry or not. You were protected.

Thank you very much! I am positive it was dried, it was done four hours after anyway. Thank you for all the help, so what I'm getting is that it's pretty much not possible?

It's pretty unlikely, yes.

This really helped. A lot of people said I was definitely going to be pregnant, but I was almost positive it was untrue. Thank you very much!