So sorry for being so straight up but we all know guys compare penis sizes and all of my friends actually have 6 - 7 inch hard penises and mine is only 3 and a half inches hard. About 1 1/2 - 2 inches soft. I have thick curly hair on the base of my penis but some of the hairs are new (the ones closer to my leg) and they are lighter than my hair. I just noticed 2 armpit hairs and i have 1 or 2 hairs above my lip that are barely noticeable along with some peach fuzz of course. The problem is I have a girlfriend and she wants to do the deed and I really do aswell and we will be as safe as possible. But I’m super embarrassed and I don’t want to tell her I have a literal nerf dart penis. Based on the information I’ve given can you please tell me when you think I’ll start to see some growth... I’m 5’6 and my twin brother (unidentical) is 5’9 and has a 7 incher and lots of hair everywhere. I know unidentical or ferternal twins don’t share the same genes but it’s still a twin and it’s really worrying me is something wrong :(

Health Guru

Hi, by what you say about your erect size your only 0.4 of an inch under size for your age as for what you say about all your friends and twin brother being 6 to 7 inches is rubbish as the average size for an adult male is only 5.5 inches. As everyone developed at different stages during puberty it is perfectly normal for some to be taller or shorter have more or less public hair and to have bigger or smaller penises, don't worry as by the time you finish puberty your all be the same and that won't happen for at least another 3 years yet!

Below I have added an age size chart that is used by the medical profession to gauge development stages during puberty.

You well with in the size range for your age as shown by the chart below so you have no need to worry.

Average Penis Length What is the average penis length? 

There has never been an official investigation into the average penis length of adult men. Therefore the internet holds a wide variation of average lengths. The most common measurement (based on scientific research) is an average adult erect penis length of 5.5 inches (14cm), with the majority of penises somewhere between 5.3 inches (13.5 cm) and 6.3 inches (16 cm). Recent research about the average penis length shows that men from Stoke-on-Trent have the longest penis, and men from Bristol the biggest girth. It is hard to say what the real penis average in the UK is, because it really depends on the research.

What is the average flaccid penis length? 

A flaccid penis measures about two-thirds the length of an erect penis.

The average flaccid penis length of a grown man is 3.9 inches (9.9 cm). How can I measure average penis length? If you would like to know how your penis compares to the average penis length you should measure from the pubic bone to the tip of the penis.

When does your penis stop growing?

Your penis will grow as you get older. But your penis only really starts growing when you hit puberty. Most of the growth takes place between the ages of 10 and 15 years old. Your penis stops growing when you’re about 20 years old. 

Below you can see the average erect penis lengths in different age categories: Age - Average penis length. 

12 years old - 2.8 to 4.1 inches (7.1 to 10.4 cm)

13 years old - 3.4 to 5.4 inches (8.6 to 13.7 cm)

14 years old - 3.9 to 5.7 inches (9.8 to 14.6 cm)

15 years old - 4.6 to 6 inches (11.8 to 15.3 cm)

16 years old - 4.9 to 6.2 inches (12.5 to 15.7 cm)

17 years old - 5.3 to 6.3 inches (13.5 to 15.9 cm)

18 years old - 5.4 to 6.3 inches (13.7 to 16 cm)

What is considered a small penis? An erect penis length of 4.3 to 7.9 inches (10.9 to 20 cm) is generally considered normal. An erect penis length of less than 3.9 inches (9.9 cm) only occurs in 1 out of 5.000 men. The smallest penis ever measured was 0.6 inch (1.5 cm). What is considered a large penis? An erect penis that is longer than 8.7 inches (22.1 cm) is considered a very large penis. According to surveys this only occurs in 1 out of 10.000 men.

The largest penis ever measured was 13 inches (33 cm). What is the average penis length in other countries? Africa boasts the largest average penis length. Surveys show that men in Congo and Ghana have the longest average penis length, with an average of about 7.1 inches (18 cm). In Europe the French men have on average the longest penis, followed by the Swedish and Estonian men. This is also the top three in regards to largest penis girth. 

The small average penis length is found in Asia. South-Korea has the shortest average penis length, measuring 3.9 inches (9.9 cm). India and China are close behind.