I'm 15 and my foreskin cannot retract passed the head of the penis. This is a problem that I gather can be easily sorted but you need a prescribed cream. I also have a red lump on my urethral opening that is on most of the "slit". I've had it for a long time and hoped it would just go away but now I want to get rid of it. I really don't want to talk to my mum about booking a doctors appointment for me and I was wondering if I could go to the doctors on my own and anonymously book an appointment, find out the problems and if anything is prescribed to me, be able to go pick it up on my own. Is there an age limit?

Hi Jamie! I am pretty sure in Britain they have Planned Parenthood clinics - STD clinics! In my city they have clinics for teenagers! You CAN use light olive oil just a little bit and massage it in! And also does the spot look infected? If so you can put some antibiotic cream on it!

It's been there for about 6 months and it hasn't changed appearance so I assume it's not infected. I have a doctors down the road to me but I want to remain anonymous from my parents so that's what I wanted to know. What would olive oil do? What healing properties does it have? What type should I use? It's worth a try but I don't want to mess it up.

It lubricates the foreskin and you can then gently keep bringing back the foreskin - it has worked for several boys that I have counselled on here! NEVER pull your foreskin back when there is pain, if you massage the oil into the skin it makes it softer and then you are able to bring it back slowly each day! IF the spot is not bothering you, don't worry about it!

In Canada you have to be 16, but I'm not sure about Britain! You CAN do this yourself, it just takes some time and care that is all! It does work! And remember the frenulum is there for a reason, so NEVER pull it back further than it is supoosed to go OK? Nice and slow and easy is the way! It doesn't matter which oil - just don't use baby oil or vaseline - olive oil is best (the lighter the better)

Hi -

Just make an appointment and go see your GP. You don't even need to tell your parents. I'm not suggesting skipping school, but make an appointment for after school sometime. It should be 100% confidential, yes. And that includes the prescription.