Im 17 years old and started puberty around 14. my penis have not grown in any way since then, the length (5.5 inches when erect) and width (1 inch). When I'm erect I can only retract the forskin a little showing a bit of the tip of my penis. The tip is super sensitive. I did not think much of it untill a few weeks ago when I saw my friend fully erect and noticed that my penis does not look like it should. Is there something wrong?

Health Guru

Hi, everything sounds perfectly normal for your age, most guys find there foreskin doesn't retract with help during erections, are you able to pull your foreskin back when your penis is flaccid?

Not sure what you mean by "when I saw my friend fully erect and noticed that my penis does not look like it should" how do you mean by does not look like it should? If you can go into more detail what you mean it would be more help.

Thanks for replying. To awnser the first question, yes, I can pull back the foreskin when it's flaccid.

What I meant by not looking like it should is that when it's erect the "head" part is not showing, and my penis curves upward where his does not.

Health Guru
So you can pull your foreskin right back when flaccid to expose all the glands but only back enough to expose the tip of the glands when erect, is that correct in what your saying?
Every penis is different just like every other body part differs in everyone, not every guys foreskin will fully retract during erections on its own and if yours is slightly tight as I think you mean then that's the reason why you only see the tip, even with a loose foreskin though that retracts with little effort when erect doesn't mean it automatically retracts fully when erect, I take it your friend is uncircumcised like you, does his foreskin actually retract on its own as he gets erect or does he have to help it back when erect?
As for curving upwards that is normal, some curve up some down some to the left an others to the right in fact very few are actually perfectly straight.

Don't worry about not being able to retract your foreskin when erect as a lot of guys find that problem and a simple one to over come with some stretching exercises, it is also normal for the glands to be very sensitive but that will wear off the more they are uncovered.

Thanks for all the help! what.you are saying is correct. I'm glad to hear its not a major problem!

About my friend. He is not circumcised and when being erect he does not have to pull back to forskin to reveal the glance.( note: If I was to guess, he is about 7 to 8 inches)

But, thanks for all the help!

Health Guru
It just sounds like your foreskin is a bit tight still that's all and the simplest way to over come that is to do stretching exercises, when your erect pull your foreskin back as far as you can just so the opening of the foreskin is starting to stretch but not causing pain and hold it in that position for 30 seconds and repeat 10 times at least once a day preferably more, after about a month you should notice a big difference on how far your foreskin goes back, I would also recommend you to get some baby oil and massage it into your foreskin twice a day to keep the skin supple and stop it splitting.
The reason why his foreskin retracts on its own couch be because he has a short foreskin and yours is longer that's all as they are all different.

If you would like some more help with the stretching feel free to ask.