I am 16 years old and am uncircumsized, i can only pull my foreskin just over the tip of my penis before it starts to hurt. I have no pain or problem going to the bathroom or masturbating but i am wondering if this is normal, or not, or if i still ahve to have my growth spurt, or any other reasons why this is. I am about 5'6-5'7 about 180 pounds, my penis is about 5 and a half inches long when erect. My father said he didnt have his growth spurt until his grade 12 year which i will be going into next year, he was about 5'10 he said after his growth spurt. Please let me know what you think is going on or what is going to happen etc... thank you.

Hey Curious,

the fact that you can not fully retract your foreskin over the head of your penis is not normall but it is a very common issue for guys your age. as you go through puberty, your penis grows faster than your foreskin so your foreskin becomes tight and can not streatch over your larger penis. with that said there are streatching exercises you can do to help. it is very important to be able to fully retract your forskin because us guys need to keep that area clean and free of smegma. smegma buildup is unsightly, smelly and can lead to infections and possibly penile cancer .

here is a good streatching exercise to try. keep in mind the exercises can take a while before you are able to fully retract your foreskin.

well here's the technique now you need to do this when your penis is flaccid (not erect) other wise you may damage your forskin or penis.

1. Add about 3-4 cups of epsome salt (manganese Sulfate) not table salt (sodium Chloride) to a very warm bath in which the water should be just deep enough to cover your genitals. sit and allow your penis to soak for a while after about 5 min you can gently try to retract your forskin, the epsom salt and warm water will help to soften and loosen your forskin. as soon as you feel the slightest bit of pain STOP! hold for about 10 seconds, release and try again. do this several times. then once your done with that rinse off all of the salt water so you dont get any white residue on you when you dry and massage some olive oil into the tip of the forskin. after the oil is well rubbed in try and retract your forskin again like you did in the bath. do this 1-2 times per day for the next few weeks. this SHOULD help depending on how tight your forskin is. once you can retract your forskin it is important to keep it clean with water and a little mild soap. this should be done daily to prevent smegma from building up and causing bad oders and infections.

Thank you very much for your help i will try your suggestions as soon as i can and if you, or anyone else, has another idea or suggestion im listening =] thank you again

no problem just remember to be paitent and be firm but gentel dont force anything so you dont do any dammage. be aware that there is a pice of skin that attaches the foreskin to the bottom of your penis right below the glans (head) its called a frenulum and it is suppose to be there. if you are unsure of what a fenulum is i suggest googleing a picture of it so you know and dont try to tear it (that will hurt bad and bleed).

good luck and if you have any other questions or concerns don't hesitate to ask. 8)