Hi! I am 16 years old and I think I might have symptoms of ovarain cancer. For the past few months, I've noticed I've felt extremely bloated, sometimes to the point where my abdomen looks bigger. I always thought it was just a bad case of indegestion, but now I'm not sure. I feel full more quickly, even if I haven't eaten alot, and I feel full to the point where I feel like I'm gonna explode, or get sick or something. I also am very tired and have no energy, even though I get about 9 hrs of sleep each night. I also used to have the energy to work out and run, but now it takes more effort than usual to do physical activity, and my muscles in my legs ache a bit. Also when I run, my lower abdomen starts to feel sore, almost like cramps, and I never experienced this before. Lately I have also felt some dull shooting pains in my lower abdomen, mostly on my left side. They come and go, but I don't really remember getting them in the past. I know I could just be over reacting or worrying too much, but I would like to know what's wrong. Can anyone help- PLEASE??!!!

Celebrity
Are your periods normal?
Dose your pains happen at the sametime each month?
Bloated feeling can be retaining water, i get this at certain times in the month.

As ovarian cancer is pretty rare (as compared to other women's cancers), and also given your age, your symptoms are probably easily explained by another cause. However, it is NEVER a bad idea to see a doctor. So, make an appointment ASAP with a gynecologist. If you don't have one, you could start with your primary physician and go from there, or get a recommendation from a trusted adult. I'm sure it will all be fine, but please go get checked, if only for your peace of mind![/list]

Lower abdomen pain and swelling can of course be gynaecological but it could also be related to your colon. It would not be possible to diagnose your condition without examination and probably a specialist referral so you really need to get yourself along to your doctor's surgery. At the very least, s/he can set your mind at rest that it is nothing too serious. As previous posters have said, cancer would be the last thing they would be looking at but you are right not to neglect these troublesome symptoms.