Hi, I'm 16 years old and my mother was adopted so I do not know about any family history with the type of cancer I am about to ask about.

I have done my research and I'm a bit worried. I've had an abortion about 2 and a half years ago (please if you're against abortion do not comment negative things) Before then I enjoyed sex with my boyfriend, I had regular periods that lasted about 5 days and were light, no pain whatsoever. But since then, intercourse is so painful that it makes me cry, so I can't enjoy a sexual life with my partner. 

I have very bad pains before and after my period in the ovary area. Before my period, it's so painful I can't walk, or eat. It's a sharp pain, it feels as though someone is stabbing me continuously (Sorry about the example). I have to curl into a ball, and hope the pain would go away. I've tried panadol and all those pain killers, but nothing works. When it's my period, my period is very very heavy. It seems as though I'm hemorrhaging as it just floods everywhere as soon as I pull my pants down to change my pad (I don't use tampons as it hurts to insert it). it lasts for about 2 days, and then its very watery the next and then its done. I go through about 2 packets of night pads and 2 packets of regular pads...

I have very heavy bad odor discharge as well when I'm not on my period, I wasn't sure if that was normal or not..

I also can't drink any alcohol (I know underage drinking is illegal and bad, but I'm a teenager) I don't drink much, only a few drinks that a premixed and after that I feel very sick. I vomit for about 15 hours straight, I get really bad anxiety. (I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I'm putting it in there just incase).

I feel very bloated at times, and even when I'm not on my period (which are very irregular since the procedure by the way, it would come one week and then I wouldn't get it for a few months and then I'd get it 2 weeks later after I finished) I still get pains in my ovaries. I will push down on them and it feels as though there's a massive bruise, like when you poke a bruise on your arm but more painful.

My peeing hurts just after I finish as well, and it feels as though there's more that needs to come out although I don't pee all the time, I pee like a normal person. My stools are fine, I poo quite regular though, and a doctor told me I had IBS, gave me some medication and nothing changed. He said he wouldn't do anything to me (do tests) because I'm too young and its very unlikely for anything. I'm dizzy all the time, and when I'm always hungry but when I eat I'm full, but still hungry but I feel sick so I can't eat anymore.

I have a lot more symptoms, but I've done some research and saw that it might be ovarian cancer. I saw a doctor the other day an he was very concerned about it, so he said he's going to do some ultra sounds and if there's nothing he can find he will be doing radiation scans and so on until he gets to the bottom of it..

I'm quite scared really, and I've recently vomited up blood... The pain gets worse as the months go by. I just wanted to see what your opinions are. Thank you x

My opinion is you have a potentially serious problem. Make sure you keep pushing your doctor to look further into the symptoms and find the source of the problem. The bleeding particularly concerns me.

I went in there today and they sent me home with antibiotics. I'm thinking about going to a different hospital because my GP does nothing, he says it's my bowels when I'm not constipated. They wont do any scans on me because I'm 16. I'm just hoping I'll find a doctor that will want to go further as they did an ultrasound today with an empty bladder, couldn't find anything so they just stopped there. Thank you for your opinion though, I highly agree and appreciate it.

My initial opinion is to check you for a urinary tract infection due to the pain on urination. I used to have a lot of trouble with ovarian pain and brown heavy discharge when I didn't have my period, along with irregular sometimes extremely heavy periods. It turned out to be ovarian cysts and hormone imbalance. i didn't have enough of one and too much of another. This could explain many of your symptoms. I hope this helps :-)

Did you ever have a procedure called a D and C following your abortion? Sometimes this is necessary to put your hormones back in shape. I just remembered, that is one of the procedures the performed on me along with putting me on progesterone because mine was too low.

I've had a D and C, and its not a UTI or any sexual diseases as well as I've had plenty of pee tests. From the past week or so I've also noticed I've lost a lot of weight, but it feels like I've put on weight? I weighed myself and I'm lighter?