So. my period was 5 days late. It was heavy the first day and then very light for 3 days. Has anyone had implantion bleeding similar to this?

Community Administrator

Hi KAD,

An implantation bleeding, by definition, comes as the result of a fertilized egg's implantation. Implantation generally occurs between three and seven days after fertilization/ovulation. The situation you are describing sounds more like a very early miscarriage than like an implantation bleeding. It could also simply have been a late period, of course. 

Do you have any idea when you ovulated? If not, you could perhaps start tracking your ovulation. This could increase your chances of conceiving, but being aware of your ovulation date also makes situations like the one you describe less stressful and confusing. If you need info on ovulation-tracking methods, I'd be happy to give you an overview and to share what worked for me. 

Olivia

Okay. I hope it wasnt a miscarriage... Though i had thought that it could have been that. I dont remember when i ovulated. But i would like to hear about your tracking methods. I have heard that using an online ovulation calculating calender isnt very accurate so i dont like to go by those.

Community Administrator

Hi KAD,

You could read this article about understanding your fertility: https://www.steadyhealth.com/articles/understanding-your-fertility-a2645.html. It's about the menstrual cycle in general, but includes a list of methods to track ovulation, and describes how they work.

I love the cervical mucus method myself. It gives you a great general idea of your fertile window, but is not a 100 percent accurate. I hear you about ovulation calendars. They can come in handy, but are essentially nothing more than a mathematical calculation of the day you are theoretically most likely to ovulate. There is one situation in which they can be great, and that is if you use the ovulation calendar's calculation as a guide to tell you when to start using ovulation predictor kits.

Tracking your basal body temperature is free, unlikely ovulation calendars, but it does require you to measure your temp very early in the morning every day. I've never done it myself but know many people who do use this method very successfully, to conceive or to avoid pregnancy.

O.

Thank you. Your info is very helpful :)

Community Administrator

You're welcome. I've got two kids and have been through this several times myself :). Trying to conceive is exciting and scary at the same time! If you have any other questions, or you just want to chat with someone who has been there, done that, do feel free to ask away.

How long have you been at it?

O.

Oh no, im not trying to get pregnant yet. Im trying not to. Im not married so I dont want that to happen till I am married or at least engaged. My boyfriend is great with kids though. I love watching him play with his nephews and chase them around and make them laugh. It makes me happy knowing he would be a great father if we do get married. Which we have talked about for our future. We have been together for 2 years and going strong :) we both agreed that in about 3 years into our relationship marriage is something we would want to do. So Im sure we will start trying to have kids within another year or so. He brought up the topic of marriage in the first year of our relationship which i was suprised about. But very happy that he wants that with me in the future :)