My doctor says I am really stressed out and I get a UTI every 2 months or so with how nervous I am. Is there anyway to stop this?? Thanks.

UTI’s are caused by bacteria such as E. coli, which we all have into the urethra, bladder, and sometimes the kidneys. However, other things like trichomoniasis and chlamydia can be the cause, experiencing stress, having a weak immune system, eating a poor diet are also predisposes of UTI. I think that prevention strategy is important here. Get good nutrition. Try eating a various food and keep caffeine and alcohol consumption low. Drinking lots of water helps as drinking large quantities of unsweetened cranberry juice may make the bladder and urethra more acidic and therefore more hostile to infectious bacteria. What is the cause of your stress? Do you know that? Maybe it is useful to determine the cause of the stress and you should try to deal with that first. Suggest this to your doctor, see what he would say about it