I have smoked Weed for almost 20 years straight. I started smoking continually when I

Sorry didnt post whole thing..

I have smoked Weed for almost 20 years straight. I started smoking continually when I was about 17 and I am now 36. In that period I have stopped once for 3 months, once for a month and a half, and probably only not smoked for only 2 weeks of each year(randomly when I couldn’t get weed). I quit smoking weed about 3 months ago again. I intend to stay quit this time. Last time I quit weed I had just gotten out of a bad relationship, and I quit smoking tobacco cold turkey (Been quit for over 5 years now), I started smoking with the intent to only smoke once as a reward, but I couldn’t stop, I was stupid. I now realize I am not someone who can only smoke once, or that can smoke socially.

I understand that there are many withdrawal symptoms, Depression, Anxiety, Sweating, Anger, Dreams, I even got the lump in my throat that smokers talk about. Sometimes I even wake up with ash in my mouth and cough up c**p. But that isn’t why I am making the post today.

The reason I started smoking weed was because I had an extremely violent thing happen to me when I was 15 or 16. It seemed to cover up the pain it caused me. As an unintended consequence I withdrew from people and was basically not able to make friends easily. Weed seemed to allow me to feel free at that time but I never really dealt with the emotional and psychological issues that were the real reason for smoking. I would smoke weed and I could deal with situations, and force myself to take jobs I did not like.  Oddly I think I finally processed what happened to me and this prompted me to start quitting.

Being 36 in a new place I would like to be able to build relationships. The only relationships I made while smoking weed was with other addicts, and users. Before I started smoking weed (and before the incident) I was very extroverted and outgoing, since then I have been introverted and reclusive. After the first month of quitting weed I seem to want to go outside and interact with people. I feel very alone now, very separated. The thing is I don’t know how. I don’t believe this is anxiety as I don’t mind going out, I just have no idea how normal people interact with each other. I realize this may take a while to solve but I need to figure this out. The last healthy or real relationships I had were when I was 15; it’s like 20 years later now. It’s like I’m suddenly an adult, but without any normal memories of regular relationships.  I have tried a couple of times to interact with people but it seems to go very badly and I have not been able to make any connections. Dating is was too much to start.

Anyone got any ideas how to start learning how to interact and build relationships with people? What activities should I do to get involved with people again? I want to become social and extroverted but have the social skills of a 15 year old.  

This was very hard to admit to ..

Hey matte, i cant say if it will help u, but try to start with simple things, a good day for a neighbor, or when you're buying something ..
Try to start doing things that involve relate, sports are great for this, try something you've always wanted to do, I can not give you many tips as I have this difficulty (before starting to smoke was always very outgoing).
I think its difficult to relate this also linked to anxiety, but you do not have to create this topic, and would risk trying to relate to people

Try to start with simple things, a good day for a neighbor, or when you're buying something .. Try to start doing things that involve relate, sports are great for this, try something you've always wanted to do, I can not give you many tips as I have this difficulty (before starting to smoke was always very outgoing). I think its difficult to relate this also linked to anxiety, but you do not have to create this topic, and would risk trying to relate to people