does anyone know if you are urine tested before lap band surgery? I am a cigarette smoker and don't think i can quit before surgery because i am so nervous about it.

I don't think they will check you before surgery. I am having the lap band on Monday morning and I quit today. Good luck!!

Obese smokers had a fourfold greater risk of stricture and three times the risk of marginal ulcer compared with nonsmokers undergoing weight-loss surgery. It would be good to quit smoking.

Cheers!

Thanks

Well,
I know that this surgery is usually performed on obese people. Can you tell me more about your weight problem? How much weight do you have and how much do you need to lose? I know that Lap band procedure is usually done laparoscopically, but, in some cases, open surgery may be necessary. The good thing about this procedure is that it doesn’t have many complication after it is done. I don’t think also that your smoking will have too much influence on the procedure but try to at least lower the number of smoked cigarettes few days before the surgery. I hope that you will be satisfied with the procedure and the result.
All the best,
Nelie

did they check you?