My dad is addicted to smoking since last 20 years, earlier it didn’t had much effect but now when he is 50+ his cough level has considerably increased. He is also willing to quit smoking, but he always ended up smoking again. Can anyone help me find a proper guide or procedure to quit smoking permanently? Thanks in advance

My mom smoked for a good 25 years and gave it up. It took her a bunch of tries. But she finally did it. The only thing that really helps with quiting is really having the desire to quit. You really have to not want it any more. I myself quit smoking after about 11 years. The first three days were horrible, I was mean irritable, and all I could think about was having that smoke. You just have to want it. My mom and I both quit cold turkey. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

I sincerely respect your concern for dad and also it is very wise of you that you started looking for proper procedure of quitting smoke. What is the key problem with most of the smokers is that while they go for quitting, they just give it up at once. It is not easy to quit smoking as such because it is an addiction.