Last year I had an abnormal pap, and with a follow up examine I was diagnosed with Herpes. (this was done at a free clinic) After recieving the news the clinic reffered me to a hospital and once I was seen the doctor basically blew me off, she said that since thats what I was diagnosed with, then more than likely thats what I have and she didnt bother to run anymore tests on me, and sent me home. A few months later I started seeing a new doctor (private clinic but compared to seeing a different doc each time like a free clinic I only had one doctor.) I didnt tell him about what I had because I wanted to see what he would find once he tested me. I had a pap done and once again it came back abnormal. He did a colposcopy to check my cervix to see what was up. Once the results came back he told me that I had HPV. A few months later he did a LEEP on me to get rid of anything that was on my cervix. Out of curiosity a few months later I payed a visit to the (free) clinic and spoke to one of the doctors. They told me that there is no link between HPV and Herpes the cells are completely different. Right now I am confused, could it be that someone screwed up somewhere? Can I actually have herpes but was misdiagnosed with HPV, and if so, why would my doctor go as for as to performing a LEEP on me if thats the case? If there is anyone out there that has somewhat of an answer can you please respond because right now I dont know what to think. TIA

You could have BOTH. MANY people have HPV, it is the most common cause of cervical dysplasia.

You could have BOTH.

Did you ever find out?