well today has not been a good day for me, to put it nicely. i randomly remembered that a distant friend of mine has CD. i decided to do some researching on wikipedia. a lot of the symptoms caught my eye. i have always been VERY skinny all of my life (i'm 20) and have never weighed over 100 lbs. the past week i noticed i was losing weight, as it seemed. i will admit i haven't been eating very good lately, but it really scared me. i'm usually around 90-95, but am getting into the high 80's. i saw one of the symptoms is inability to absorb nutrients and such. could this be why i have never gained weight properly? i also read somewhere that repetitive damage to the small intestine could cause lactose intolerance, which is what happened to me this past summer (not officially diagnosed, but i think i figured it out). i always just thought this was the reason for my discomfort. for those that have CD, what were your symptoms and how did you get tested for it? i am afraid because my mother has always denied there's been anything wrong with me (not necessarily CD, i haven't even mentioned it to her, i just mean in general) and i feel that she would think i was being ridiculous. i am asking for some feedback, opinions, comments, questions, whatever and that i greatly appreciate anything!!

You need to get yourself checked out by a doctor. This is far better than second guessing. Unexplained weight loss can be a result of CD, or something more serious such as cancer.