I was always small, fatty girl. Especially when I was in senior high. Some of kids were making a fun of me, especially that handsome, beautiful and so attractive girl. She was the most popular in the whole school. She was making a fun of me every day, telling me that I will never be good looking as she is. Because of this, I am dealing with bulimia now. I was eating everything and than I was vomited after this. I destroyed my health. Also, I have this lactose intolerance since than. So, I want to know is lactose intolerance temporary when you are trying to recover from bulimia?

Hey Guest,

Look, there will always be bullies. Whatever you look like, there will always be someone to bully you but that doesn't say anything about you, but it says a lot about the person who is doing it. You need to keep your self confidence and not let anything or anyone break you.

Regarding your question, lactose intolerance or any kind of food intolerance is expected while you are recovering from bulimia or from anorexia as well, it is the same. You should be better soon so don't worry about it, just stay strong and don't let anybody pull you down.

It can be temporary or it could last forever, who knows. You will see this as the time goes by. I had the same problem although I have never suffered from bulimia, my weight is more or less okay and I have never had any problems with it. 

How long have you been intolerant to lactose? I think that you should give yourself some more time and then you will see if this is going to go on or not. However it happens to be, there is not really anything that you can do about it so just make peace with it.

I would assume that your body is just adapting to this recovery. However, you know that you can go and check whether you are really intolerant to lactose or not, you know? You can talk to your doctor and he can give you some tests to do and you can know for sure if this is going to be temporary or not, if you already want to know. I am almost certain that this is just your body adapting to your recovery from bulimia but like I said, if you want to know it for sure, you should just talk to your doctor.

It can be both, I guess that if you really want to be sure about it, you should just do what Nina told you to do, go and do some tests and find out. I have no idea which kind of tests are we talking about here but I'm sure that your doctor will know. Recovering from bulimia is not easy at all and this is just one of the things that follow after you've started your recovery. So just go and talk to your doctor, do the tests he tells you to do and that's basically it, you will know it then.

This happened to me actually but I was consulting with a dietitian while I was recovering from bulimia, I couldn't have done it on my own (or I didn't want to do it on my own?). I talked to my dietitian about this and she told me that this will go away on its own after a couple of weeks and it really did, it stopped after about month and a half. That was a big relief. However, I don't know about your case, since others have told you that this might be permanent, you might want to go and check it out.

Now, your body needs to accept that something is changing and you need to deal with it. It seems to me that you are starting some totally new process and you want to recover from bulimia. Like you already know, this can last for a long, but it doesn't have to. 

I don't know is lactose intolerance temporarily or not. It depends on several things and the first thing is - have you ever been allergic to lactose?

It can be, it can definitely be one of the effects, but you should consult your doctor about any other questions that you want to know. 

Hello guys, I never had problems with lactose intolerance, as far as I know. It started to happen to me recently. I still haven't consulted my doctor about it. I really would like this to stop, but I really didn't consult anyone who had similar problem. I know that this problem destroyed my health, but I was not aware that it can affect me like this. What can I do to stop this? Is there any chance to use some medications or some therapy to stop this intolerance? And the most important thing that I really want to know - will I ever recover from bulimia totally? Let me know.

It is very important to consult your doctor when you are recovering from bulimia and when you have any type of problems, such as lactose intolerance. I really don't think that you have to be scared about this because I think that this is just temporally because your body is trying to adapt and your body is re - balancing. Those are the symptoms. 

I am sure that you believe that you do know what is the best for your body, but again I repeat - you should inform your doctor about this and you should find any type of help for this issue. Recovering from bulimia can be longer than you expect.