Hello!

I am new to this forum and came across it during my search regarding my foot condition.  A few years back  (roughly around 7 years) my small toe on my right foot was injured and it swelled up like normal.  I thought nothing of it and assumed it was only a sprain and would heal in a few weeks.  After it healed it was a bit deformed and was raised from its usual position but nothing too obvious and over the years my little toe started to slowly "rise up".  Now, a few years later, my toe is completely deformed and it is raised up about a half an inch with my foot pressed against the floor.

My question is, do you think this was caused by the growth of a bone spur which pushed the toe up?  If so, do you think I can still have it corrected?

Thanks for reading my post and hope to get some answers.  I'll try to provide pics when I get a chance.

James

Hello, what a coincidence this is. Just yesterday i have met a man who has diabetes and he showed me his foot and he was explaining to me how he got surgery on his foot and now his toe is rising up all the time and he cant get it down. He said that doctor removed this little bone from his foot and what this bone does is basically that, keeping your toe from rising. I remember it was funny because i have never heard of a bone that prevents a toe from rising. Anyways, he said that the toe has two tendons, one thats pulling up and one thats pulling down. And the bone that was removed from his foot was keeping it down. So , you might have damaged that little bone when you got it injured. Hope this helps

Hey userK,

That's my guess as well that there is an abnormal growth or damage to the surrounding bones/tendons brought upon the injury hence my toe being in its "upright" position.  Hopefully it is repairable considering it has been years since the injury itself.  I was really hoping to get it operated on within the next three months.

Oh well!  Wish me luck! Thanks for the reply!

Hmm.. Seems like I forgot to log on.  Well, here is the pic again because it seems like it's not showing up on my previous post:

Anyone else have any insight on this?