I had surgery for Morton's neuroma over a year ago. Ever since the surgery I have severe cramping in my foot and toes; it is as if a spasm goes thru the forward part of my foot (toward the front of the arch and to the toes) and then my toes cramp and lock up. I massage the foot but the cramping usually lasts for several minutes. I get a bit of temporary relief if I flex my foot but any movement toward pointing makes it worse. Is this a problem with the surgery? Do I need additional surgery? I have not seen or heard of this problem from anyone else and even when I did the physical therapy they said it was not typical.

Hi I have had 3 operations on my right foot for mortons neuromas. The first 2 times were done via the plantar approach - 3 years ago. I had a horrible scar that developed underneath my foot after the first time, and had cramping and twinging pains that went on for a while. When they did the 2nd operation, 2 years ago they had discovered that the nerve had stuck to the bone, which is what caused my problem. They removed some of the scar tissue but there wasn't much improvement from the first op. I then had to take gabapentin, to try and settle the nerves, but it made me feel ill, so I couldn't take it. It took a about 2 years for all these symptoms to die down a bit. I have recently had another operation from the dorsal approach nearly weeks ago and am doing better this time. Scar tissue was removed from the bottom of my foot which had entangled in it, another neuroma, which has been removed. I have silicon dressing on the scar tissue, but have managed to walk with a crutch nearly a mile, . I still get an odd pulling sensations in the second, toe, as if the nerve is stuck some pricking pain and pain in ball of foot, if I do too much. I just think that nerves and muscles take a very long time to get better, and one of the doctors said the nerve pain is like phantom pain, where it has been cut. I am trying to be positive and hope it will get better in time. I have read that cramping can occur after this op. Ask the surgeon if in doubt.

I had neuronal surgery 2 years ago and I have
Toe cramps, twinges, stinging, burning, swelling of foot. I think there is no solution. Just having to live with it