My son is a teenager. He plays soccer and he had knee injury on one of his matches. He didn’t play since. He felt weakness in right knee. We went to see a doctor and after the MRI he set diagnose. He has been diagnosing with arthritis. I sit possible that he has got arthritis due the soccer injury? He is still very young, 16 y/o. I understood that is the condition of the old people.

Knee injuries are among the most common form of soccer injuries and A single knee injury as a teenager can triple the risk of osteoarthritis in that knee by middle age. Traumatic arthritis is arthritis that develops after injury to a joint, like knee in his case which seems developed fast. These are two more categories of arthritis: Osteoarthritis is primary arthritis of the joint and may be related to family history and inflammatory arthritis occurs when a disease affecting the patient causes the cartilage to die off. Treatment for each is dependent on the cause and extent of the arthritis.