Hey Guys! I having been reading a lot of your posts and I am hoping that someone can help me out with my lisfranc-related problem. Four Years ago I had a lisfranc injury while playing soccer, it took 2-3 weeks for them to diagnose it since it wasn't showing up on x-rays, but once they did they kept me off my foot for a while, and then put me in a walking cast. After I was out of the walking cast I continued to have pain in my foot but it was bareable. This pain lasted for 2-3 years after the injury, it would bother me every morning when I woke up and would often bother be during sports, but I was still able to participate. This past year I had barely any problems and I rarely ever had any pain. But today I was playing soccer and rolled my foot. I felt the top of my foot "crack" and I thought immediately that it was the same injury as before. (It happened on the same foot in the same spot). The top of my foot swelled up and it has been throbbing with pain. After a couple of hours of iceing and advil, the swelling went down, but my foot is still in a lot of pain. I'm not sure what to do. I don't really want to the doctors because I figure they will just take an x-ray, not see anything, and tell me to RICE it up. This injury has been a huge burden on my activity level the past 4 years, and the idea of it happening again and starting all over is devistating. I am able to walk on my foot (as long as i'm walking on the heel) but i am constantly in pain and limping. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do or what might be wrong? I am away working at a sports and fitness camp right now so being able to walk is crucial. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I know that you don't want to go to the doctor's but I really do recommend that you consider that. The cracking sound could mean that you did reinjure yoursel and you might be putting yourself in a bad position health-wise, especially if you need to be physically active at this camp. Does that help at all? Be sure to mention your lisfranc injury when you go to the doctor because that will help them with the diagnosis too...

Hi...

I have a lisfranc fracture/dislocation too - much worse than yours, believe me there was nooooo walking on it after it happened (two surgeries, casts, PT, screws). But my doc told me that it reinjures fairly easily, in fact I have to go to my foot doc once a year for xrays to make sure it hasn't.

So go.

Lisfranc is nothing to mess with.

Do you have an update for us? Did you see your doctor? Please tell me how you're doing and if you went to see a physician about it. Let me know, okay?