Hi, there. My brother has recently had a spinal cord injury. He is still in a hospital, but I think he will come out very soon. His doctor has mentioned us that my brother should start with rehabilitation. I wonder how long it is after this kind of injury. I will really appreciate your help.

Hi, there. You haven't mentioned in what condition your brother is. Rehabilitation duration is not the same for every patient. It is very important for a recovery. It consists not only of physical therapy, but also of counseling. It is very important to give emotional and social support to these people. The first step is recovering the strength and mobility of leg(s) and arm(s). Occupational therapy is also important for recovering motor skills. Bowel and urine regime is also under this kind of therapy. It would be best to talk with your brother's physiatrist about how long rehabilitation will last. Bye!