Can you please tell me what meds are used in insomnia treatment? Each month there are at least 5 days that I can’t sleep. I read somewhere that cause could be hormonal imbalance that I am suffering of. Anyway can anyone give me this information?

Well, insomnia is treated from various types of meds, antidepressants, antihistamines, barbiturates, benzodiazepine, non-benzodiazepine hypnotics. I would recommend you to take any treatment if it is not prescribed by your physician. Also hormone melantonin initiate sleep has also been used in the management of Insomnia where the person has difficulty falling asleep.

>:( I suffer from insomnia a great deal now that I am 49 years and in Peri Menapause. The only thing so far that helps me is Ambien but be careful because I have heard of some people sleep walking and doing wierd things while taking Ambien. The craziest thing I heard was of a woman who actually drove to the store (Yes Asleep!) and bought all the fixing's for Thanksgiving day dinner and came home, made the whole dinner and ate it and when she awoke the next morning she found the whole kitchen a mess and didn't recall doing one thing! I have tried many natural thingsto aid sleep and not one has helped. If anyone has any suggestions or something has worked for them please advise!