I am a week and a half away from starting my normal period, and I am showing crazy signs. I have fatigue, spotting, bloating, back pains, and sensivity in my breasts. I've gained 5 pounds since the last time i weighed myself [3.5weeks ago] and weight gain for me is extremely abnormal [plus, i'm only 5 ft. tall so 5 lbs is a lot for me]. My fiance and I have unprotected sex regularly, and at the end of my last period, I began taking birth control. Could all these symptoms be side effects of the pill, or could I be pregnant? And should I keep taking the pill or stop incase I am pregnant? Having a baby would be an extreme blessing in our life, and I am actually hoping I am. I know that an HPT will not give me a positive result, being that I am so far from my normal period, but would a blood test from a doctor still be accurate this early?

i am confused, why are u using birthcontrol if u wanna get pregnant?

BTW; you generally dont get pregnancy symptoms till AFTER the missed period. All of those things you described could be related to something else. Since its so early, i doubt its either pregnancy or nething related to pms. Those symptoms COULD be from the pill, but it may be something else. I would go see a doctor about it right away.

An HPT nor a blood test could possibly detect a pregnancy this early. If you are lucky, 5-days early with a blood test or firstresponse test, but not with HPT. Best results generally occur a week after the pregnancy because this is when noticeable levels of hormones that would signify pregnancy can be best detected.

BTW, since it may be the pills, I would stop using the pills. If it isn't the pills there is no point of discontuing the use but neither of us know so...

Hope everything goes well--

Sammy Mohamed

whoops a meant a week after the missed period, and 5 days early meant 5 days before the period would come.