I have no idea when my period is due but I have been experiencing pregnancy symptoms. Then Fri I had a few spots of brownish pink blood, and assuming it was AF I put a tampon in. Later when I checked it- nothing! And today is sunday- no more bleeding, just whitish discharge. Also my stomach is hard and swollen- not uncommon for a 3rd pregnancy. But the HPT was negative, my question is, when after implantation bleeding can you take a test to guarantee an accurate result?

i would wait about a week, and if you still don't bleed, take another pregnancy test. you may have just tested too early.

If this was an implantation bleeding, than the right time to take a pregnancy test would be roughly as soon as the bleeding subsides and that has happened. This is because implantation bleeding happens roughly two weeks after the unprotected sex and most home pregnancy tests are accurate at this point.

Still, this short bleeding might have been caused by other things, such as ovulation. Some women do shortly spot or bleed at the same time they ovulate and this does not have to happen each time you do ovulate. But, if you have reasons to think that you might be pregnant, than taking the pregnancy test is definitely necessary, just keep up with the instructions to be sure that the results are reliable.