From time to time, I get these little yellow lumps on the inside of my eyelid. They can appear either on the upper eyelid, just below the eyelashes, or the lower eyelid, obviously just above the lashes. They are annoying and even slightly painful, and tend to be there for a couple of days before going away again on their own. Does anyone know what this is?

These are called epithelial inclusion cysts and are quite common. They are yellow because they are filled with pus, and they are like a very localized infection. Normally you can scratch them open yourself to make them go away, though that does increase the chance of infection in other parts of the eye. Hope that helps!

Thank you so much! It is so funny that I have spent years and years wondering what this is, and I log on the web and get my answer so quick! So these things are not bad in any way and are normal then? Does that mean everybody gets these things? That is just fascinating!

well according to my ophthalmologist this thing is a cyst mine is a benign cyst.. Over the years sometimes this thing becomes swollen and it hurts actually, hope this helps :D