For the past 3 months I have had a chronic soar throat. I had an ultrasound which revealed my lymph nodes are inflamed. When i swallow it also feels like theres a lump in my throat because of the inflamation. I've been on antibiotics, quaterzone (anti-inflammitries) & nexium to stop stomach acids. All have resulted in no change. Usually the right side of my throat aches though it occasionally changes to the left side at times (not often) and the pain is increased the more I speak and also my ears tend to ache with a dull pain.
If anyone has had anything similar and cured it could u please let me know as it would be extremely appreciated, its driving me insane.
Also I don't think its a viral infection due to how long its lasted

Have you ever thought of having a strep throat? You know, there are lots of people thinking it’s just the matter of the sore throat because of catching a cold and after doing the throat culture, they find out they have a bacterial infection. Have you ever heard of a bacteria called streptococcus that attacks the throat and could be accompanied by some of these symptoms which follow: fever, stomach pain and swollen tonsils.
There is a big difference in having a viral and bacterial infection. If the infection of the throat is viral, you should have these flu-like symptoms such as cough, runny nose etc. But in case this is a bacterial infection, you should have difficulty swallowing, your throat is red and swollen, the tonsils are enlarged, you might have some headaches, loss of appetite, fever and nausea etc.
Whatever it is, you should do the throat culture to determine the cause of the throat being sore and why this condition has persisted for such a long time.
Also your tonsils should be checked, this could also be due to having tonsillitis.

I have had a strong soar thoat for 2 full months now,and still going. When I wake up in the morning I feel a minor fever, that goes away right once I get up.

I am surprised how often I get nose bleeds and how fast they run, unlike your regular nose bleed, I feel as though that a pressurized hose had been turned on and cannot get to a cleanex fast enough.

I took antibiotics 1 months ago and they didn't work. I don't want to go back to the doctors since I don't believe they can help me. This coming from a grandson of a doctor... LOL I trusted him, he has since passed away 5 years ago while in his 80's. ;(

I also have the same problem of soar throat since 3 months ago. I got a fever last three month ago and Doctor precribed me antibotic. Howerver, unfortunately, I haven't finished the antibotic course. So, eventhough my fever gone, sore throat remains. Then, I went back to doctors again and again and they precribed me many antibotics. But, it didn't work either. Unitl now, I still have so throat problem. My soar throat begins only after I have taken food. At other time, it is ok. I have tried many antibotic, anti-inflammation medicines and a lot of cough syrup. But, it doesn't simply work. Can anybody advice me? I would be appreciated as it also drives me mad.

I've also had a chronic sore throat accompanied by daily diarrhea for 3 months. The doctor ruled out strep with a rapid throat culture test. He thinks I have GERD and has put me on Prilosec and Zantac; as for the diarrhea symptom, he gave me an antidepressant that also relieves Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Nortriptilene). Today my diarrhea is so bad that I had to take antidiarrhea medicine--Immodium Ad--and I'm eating chicken noodle soup until I can handle solids again. The worse my sore throat, the worse my diarrhea...and vice versa. I have an appointment with an otarnologist to see about getting my tonsils removed. I'm desperate!

i have has similar symptoms recently, including prolonged soar throat and diarrhea. i have tried over the counter medicines including immodium and cough syrups. i am really worried about my condition and i want to know what it is. i am scared to got ot he doctor.

I got sick of being sick and having doctors tell me they all have it too and it has to run its course....
so i decided to cut out all dairy; milk,eggs, butter, cheese,
i also cut out all meat except because common sense tells me these animals probably have viruses, bacteria etc....
i also quit smoking because nicotine gets in the mucous and mucous is there because its trying to clean house!
i also quit drinking...
and of course started to eat healthy vegan food and taking wellness herbs and doing yoga!
sounds like alot and its not easy but one week later i had so much energy i felt like i could fly...
2 days into my diet my soar throat and ear ache went away...
dairy is the worst thing for adult humans!
if you research it, it will make all the sense in the world!!!!!
Especially these days, food quality is deteriorating rapidly!!!
nothing is cleaned right or fresh.
research PH balance...
most peoples diet is high in acid, causing serious problems...
educate yourself on nutrition, its very interesting!
good luck
have fun with it
docs dont always have the answers.
ask your self whats making you sick and then go for a hike or do yoga and wait for the answer, your body knows! listen to it! it will tell you, sometimes you will hear it screaming in your head. trust what you hear coming from inside you! its your body!

i sort of have the same. im not sure what mine is and if any of you know please help!! okay well, my throat hurts really bad to swallow. lozenges dont work. my right tonsil is swollen and red and both tonsils have puss on them. it used to not hurt as bad.. at first it was on both tonsils..
i am currently taking some advil. but it hasnt kicked in. i gargled the salt water too but the pain isnt going away!!!
what should i do? should i be worried?

I had this issue a while ago..

It only lasted 2 months.
Have you talked to a doctor?
Are you stressed at ALL?

It sounds like you may have allergies causing a post nasal drip (i've had this every year around spring time for years but just realized what was causing the sore throat was not strep throat). The drip gets your tonsils infected and inflamed and also there may be a simultaneous ear infection or severe sinusitis causing ears to ache. It helps me just to wipe my tonsils down with a q-tip and also do salt water gargles. Another thing I learned is that although Neti pots and other nasal irrigation can bring relief, they can also cause infection (sinusitis) I think I got water in the wrong places one time and I felt like there was water stuck between my ears for a couple weeks after that.

I have tried grape seed extract and it worked for me for about a week then it built a tolerance or something but the week was a nice vacation from the pain.