Hello everyone!!!

I hope that I'm in the right place here! I love dermarollers and just came across this procedure called DermaFrac by chance. I had never heard of it before and have no idea how often this is used or whether it is a new thing. Basically it combines dermarolling with an infusion of beneficial serums to the skin in such a manner that mimics the effects of deeper chemical peels, if I got the right idea from what I read.

It sounds intriguing and I'm dying to learn more about it - first and foremost hopefully from someone who has already tried this procedure! What was it like and where do you get it???

Thank you!!!

scorpio987

Dermafrac is 4 treatments into 1. Microneedling, microdermbrasion, light therapy, and the infusion. It brightens your skin tone, offers rejuvenation by removing the appearance of a great deal of wrinkles, and can help with acne. I have not had it done yet but have read many reviews by people who have had it done, after like you coming across the concept on a blog while looking for information about acne reduction in my case. I am definitely interested in having it in the future, and would love the chance to discuss it directly with someone who had Dermafrac done.

Hiya! (Why by the way does an automatic line break appear every time I wanna post ever since I switched to using firefox? Tech folks, no big deal and probably even nothing to do with you but it's quite puzzling.) Anyway. Thanks so much for sharing this. I heard of this a while back and then forgot the name so couldn't look it up any more. I am fascinated by the concept of microneedling in general and yeah, it's a stroke of genius to combine that with infusions of good stuff not to mention the other two therapies. Sounds like an extreme makeover for the skin really, and that's something really cool. Not sure if this is the latest buzzword yet or still a fairly obscure treatment but way cool in any case. Now you've reminded me of the name I'm gonna have a look round to see if that's available in my area and what it might cost.

Celebrity

Here's a brief summary of what happens during DermaFrac:

• Microdermabrasion. This abrases, or removes, the surface areas of the skin to allow new ones to grow.
  • Microneedling creates controlled and tiny injuries in the skin to allow cell rejuvination to take place.
  • LED laser therapy is aimed at reducing acne, wrinkles, and pigmentation.
  • Serum infusion is made possible by the previous steps. The skin is prepared to be ready to absorb the infusion by the other three steps.

This is a great treatment. Though some of it sounds a little scary, no pain should be involved, perhaps a little mild discomfort at worst. This DermaFrac treatment can transform your face really quickly.

Rosie

Hello and thank you for pointing me in this direction. Though I am not contemplating anything like this for myself right this minute, reading about DermaFrac was interesting and it's something I would not have heard about without the help of this forum. It looks like DermaFrac is offering a great treatment. Rather than having different treatments weeks apart from each other, why not combine them in one session in such a way as to make them more effective? DermaFrac sounds like an excellent idea for anyone whose skin needs some serious TLC.

I've been reading about dermafrac too and I'm super stoked about it. The mainstay of dermafrac treatment is definitely the microneedling and simultaneous infusion of serums, but the other parts are pretty cool too. Microdermabrasion is crystal free which leaves the skin smooth, and then you have the light therapy element. I am not sure whether it is possible to have just the microneedling + infusion - the other 2 bits, but if so that would be something I think I would try out first. Anyway, it's interesting.

Hello!

I read about the dermafrac procedure in a blog a while back and came across this thread here while looking it up. I thought I might as well stop by and ask for some info. So... I am 46 with adult acne and am once again on Accutane as we speak. I also have some sun damage. What would it take to be a good candidate for dermafrac? I am assuming that Accutane would represent a contraindication? Perhaps a while after I am done with this round, though? That would sound perfect. How do I find a good place to get this done?

Thanks for your help.

Don't do this procedure I had it done on Sat and by Monday my face was on fire bright red lumps and scabs. I have great olive skin and did this to slough off summer into winter dry skin. I have never been more disappointed in a treatment.
Kari V

The redness and scabs are part of the heeling process it's normal. Your face is bloody and red for 2 days and on the 3rd day it start to darken and peeling can begin to happen. That's the process.