So OK, I've been reading about hydrafacials a little and I like the premise, sounds really appealing:

• It's pretty quick, can be over in half an hour so is good for us busy gals
  • There's no downtime they say, which I hope means you don't look awful after as well as no need to avoid the sun, etc
  • It works on every single skin type

It also comes with infusions of good stuff like hyaluronic acid, peptides, and other stuff that's good for everyone's skin. 

OK. So what I'm wondering is if there's anyone with experience here who can tell me what the benefits of hydrafacials are like IRL and not just the marketing spiel bit... Please share if you have had one or know someone who has. 

As far as I understand it, hydrafacials are in fact a kind of microdermabrasion done with water. The blackheads are also removed I think? (It says "extraction"?) And deep cleansing is done. The other hydrating properties are added after the facial is completed.

I like the thought of something that requires no downtime as well. It sounds awesome. I do prefer the thought of something tailored to my actual skin type, but if it works for everyone, why not? I wonder how much hydrafacials cost, does anyone here know that?

Sounds like facial + to me, a complete pampering experience that will leave you with a fresh skin going forward. How much of this is real real, and how much of it is just clever marketing that makes hydrafacial sound like something new and revolutionary? I don't know that. I would definitely try hydrafacial if is was offered near me for reasonable price but it sounds expensive if you read what does it entail. A complete treatment you want the experience to be good, but also to offer something you can not do at home!

Specifically speaking to the BENEFITS of hydrafacials,  this is what hydrafacials do:

• Skin resurfacing (something like microdermabrasion, which I think would be fair to say is basically an extreme version of exfoliation)
  • Skin renewal, like you'd get in a chemical peel
  • Extracting impurities and deep cleansing the skin

What you get, is basically three treatments in one. Combined, they will benefit people who are looking for anti-age treatments, dry skin, blackheads, acne, large pores, oily skin, sun damage or other pigment issues, and just tired looking skin. Hydrafacials will not treat actual skin conditions like rosacea, but other than that the benefits mean that they are suitable for almost every woman!

HydraFacials are usually performed as a series, and can be 30, 60, or 90 minutes long. A 30 minute session runs for about $200, though you might get a discount if you book a whole series. I am a rather money conscious person, but my skin being so dehydrated, my esthetician recommended this to me and I decided to go for it. I have had one session so far and yes, my skin does look noticeably better. It is less dry and more lively. It is not the most relaxing facial I have had and there is some discomfort, but ultimately both the experience and the money were worth it for me.

Celebrity

They sound really excellent! I don't have any experience with HydraFacial treatments and I normally don't go to the salon much, but after reading about HydraFacials I got to admit I am quite tempted to make further inquiries. It truly sounds like this is a treatment that benefits everyone, no matter their skin type. I'm the dry and sensitive skin type myself and I could do with some fluid infusion! Reading reviews people with dry skin really benefit from this treatment. I do want it to last longer than a week, if you know what I mean, though. 

Rosie