I also love to eat slate pencils, that were of tiger brand slate pencils, and now also I eat it, will it cause any disease, pls pls, I want to know di

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Start taking calcium tablets.only that will help you.

Yes me too

Don't eat it's more harmful your health.

S definitely it will reduce hemoglobin levels n u may become anemic ..

Yeap so true. My doctor say the same thing to me. I stop eating it but I will watched you tube and satisfy my craving.

Please tell me eating of slate pencil causes tyroid

hi am 23 year old girl still am eating slate pencil,i did face any problem till now........:)

**did not face any problem

Same happened wid me

PICA is extremely dangerous, i was suffering frm it last past 10 yrs. I was consuming slate pencils and sometimes chalk. Never was able to sum up the courage to go and talk to the doctor coz i was ashamed of this habit. After i got married i cudnt eat slate pencils nymore still there was no change in my health. I was underweight, lacked immunity and lost almost half of my hair. The first thing i did, was go and do a blood check.i did cbc test and my haemoglobin was only 7.2. normal range is 13 for women. So went to the doctor. Doc prescribed me iron tablets for 2 months. I also took deworming medicine zentle easily available in all medical stores.within a week of taking iron tabs my craving started to vanish and in one month all craving was gone. I started gaining weight and my immunity strengthened and my hair started growing and looking healthy. After my iron tabs wer finished i started taking multi vitamins for 3 months and i have never been happier. My cravings are all but totally gone. I make sure my iron levels are gud and exercise regularly. My overall health is superb now.
Lastly jus want to say that its never to late to stop something which is bad for your health. PICA is like an addiction like alcohol, drugs and u shd take it seriously.

Hi, this is a disorder caused mainly by iron deficiency and is called PICA. Please consult a doctor. I have been into this for more than 20 yrs and have gotten rid of it after treatment. If you don't treat yourself now, your iron content will keep decreasing leading to Fatal results.

I also eat slate pencils past 9 years.When i didnot eat more food,water and vegies i had lots of rashes on my face and body.And also i felt lezy like i dont have much enery for anything.So if u have a addiction of eating pencils then you should maintain your diet properly.

Am eating pencils lead ,paint chips,chalks.....what should i do....am very scared due to this habit...nd am unable to get rid from it

If u r very crazy about eating slate pencil and can't live without eating it one solution is there only bite the slate pencil and feels its amazing taste after u satisfied spit it out don't entre even single bite in your body so u can enjoy as well as u prevent ur body of the harm of eating slate pencil