What can you tell me about histrionic disorder? Is egocentrism a part of that condition? I have recently found out that an acquaintance of mine has that problem and I have to say that things are a bit clearer now. She always likes to be in the center of the attention, likes to dramatize, and never sees herself as she really is. Will the meds change her behavior?

You said well, an acquaintance, not a friend. These people are not capable of true, deep emotions, even though they desperately seek attention. This condition usually affects women, and sometimes the choice of sexual partners is very questionable. When it comes to treatment, I have to say that some meds are used (verapamile for example) and behavioral therapy too, but there were not any clinical trials for establishing a basic therapy, everything varies from case to case.