Hello, I got pregnant a month ago and on a regular check I was diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis. I am married and I don’t think that my husband’s cheating on me-but one never knows! I am interested in how I got this disease. Thank you

Hi! I wouldn’t call it a disease. Bacterial vaginosis is a condition that occurs when the normal balance of bacteria in the vagina is disrupted and replaced by an overgrowth of certain bacteria. Did you have any strange symptoms like vaginal discharge or odor. Bacterial vaginosis is usually followed by these symptoms. As you said you are faithful and don’t have multiple partners I would rule out that as a cause. I was diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis when I used mirena for contraception and my doc told me that was the probable cause besides having sex with multiple partners. Anyway, the most important is to get it treated. Good luck with your pregnancy!

It is very common for pregnant woman to suffer from bacterial vaginosis or thrush as the acidity balance changes in the vagina and gives the bacteria a better environment to multiply. I wouldn't suspect your husband, its just one of the joys of being pregnant!

Yea dont worry at least you weren't in my shoes threw out my ENTIRE pregnancy I was told I kept having reoccurring yeast infections well after $600 in Monistat, 2 years after I became pregnant, and 4 ob/gyn's later I was finally told I have BV. I have Mirena too. Maybe there is a link between the two, because I had it under control and than is got worse once the IUC was put in.

what are the causes of bacterial vaginosis?