I have 7 years old boy and unfortunately, it looks like there is no illness that did not attack him. Recently he has been under flu for almost two weeks and after that he got some fungal infection – folliculitis. Is this condition related to immune system? I guess he has been very weak because of the flu.

Yes, it is very possible that this fungal condition occurred because of the decreased strength of his immune system that just fought the flu. What you should know is that this is a contagious condition but not something that cannot be treated easily. And also, keep him away from the warm and humid environment, which can just complicate his problem.

Bad and weak immune system can be one of the causes of folliculitis. But sometimes those folliculitis can lead to even more dangerous situations and that is something that you need to talk to your doctor about.

I was reading that a weakened immune system, due to an underlying medical condition such as diabetes, leukemia or Hiv and AIDS can also be the cause, so that is why you really should contact your doctor. I agree that this cannot be treated easy, I know one case and I really don't want to talk a lot about it. I just want to tell you that you really should contact your doctor soon.