I have fungal folliculitis. My doctor prescribed to me some medication and I hope it will pass away very soon. But I was surprised when I heard that I have fungal folliculitis. I know that folliculitis can be bacterial. Can somebody tell me what kind of fungus causes fungal folliculitis?

good day. 

so, you do know all about causes of folliculitis which is a very good thing indeed. Now, you have to find the best way to heal it.

Anyway, ringworms can cause a folliculitis, and this has nothing to do with worms but is a fungal infection that can occur anywhere on the body

Tinea capitis is probably one of the most common types of fungal scalp infection, and it is caused by a number of different species of dermatophytes. These type of fungal infection causes a round "ring" and you have really bad rash once you are diagnosed with it. 

If I’m well informed, most frequently Candida albicans can cause folliculitis. Fungal folliculitis is more often seen in people who have impaired immune systems. This kind of folliculitis usually develops in the beard area in men, causing itchy, white bumps. It’s very important to treat it well, so listen to your doctor carefully.