I have been living with what Doctors and Dermatologist's would diagnose as folliculitis.

well here is a little description on how my living condition is. As of right now i am staying with mother and brother sharing a three bedroom apartment. We all use the same shower my brother sometimes uses my towel when i told him a million times not to but as of a couple of months i have been using my own towel making sure the towel stays in my room since the outbreak.

Around the month of November of 2009 i had unprotected sex with a female basically a one night stand.

I never had acne throughout my life maybe one or two small pimples here and there but never nothing major like whats happening to me now!!

I usually shave my hair short with a barber machine (clippers) once every two weeks no one else but myself uses the clippers. I clean it every time i use it with a special spray that kills bacteria and i also apply alcohol after the spray and let it sit for about a hour soaked

Around the month when this outbreak happened February i was using my brothers hat he had laying around the house i used the hat to go outside since it was winter sometimes i would use the hat while my head was still wet mind you that i do shave my head bald

On the same month February i had a bad out break on my neck arms back shoulder even head intense itching through my body the itching was so intense i had to run to a dermatologist that stated i had folliculitis (i already knew this by researching online) which he did not treat me properly he gave me a script for doxycicline 150 mg and clindamyacin topical gel infact of his prescribing me this it made matters worst i waited to finish the rounds of antibiotics and the itching got worst after the treatment was done my arms chest back head neck exploded with folliculitis

At that time i had to run to the emergency room when i got to see the MD they where very concerned the folliculitis was due to a staph infection so i got a blood X2 for staph lab work done and a culture the blood came back as negative for staph culture from the puss wound came back as staphalococcus capitis (coagulase negative) sensitivity-resistant report came back with the culture and was prescribed clindamycin 300mg taken 4 times a day.

The clindamycin seem to help but while taking the course folliculitis still seemed to grow not as much as before but 2 or 3 bumps a day finished the round of clindamycin and folliculitis still active and i still have the itching at night is when the itching it is at it's worst.

went to see a infectious disease Dr Thursday and what she prescribed me was ivermectin (scromectol) 3mg take 9mg then repeat in two weeks with permethrin 5% she did not do a skin scrape of any sort but she was concerned about scabies or mites infestation i feel like bugs crawl on my eyebrows

i have another dermatologist appointment in September my infectious disease doctor would want me to see for further evaluation

i have pictures here with what i have on my neck and head please be in mind i also have the same lesions through out my chest upper arms and back some on the buttocks area can someone give me a little detail on what they think i could possibly have since my appointment isn't till September please. IMO i think i might have some sort of fungal infection. This thing is driving me crazy and basically destroyed my whole summer. very embarrassing i am even ashamed to take my shirt off.

Hm, it seems to me that this is definitely a Demodex because as you probably already know, this is a group of mites that can infect human hair follicles. So, I believe that this is the main issue. Now, when we are talking about causes of folliculitis there are so many of them. They are usually caused by bacteria but it also can be caused by yeas infection. So, there is a possibility that you have some issue with one night stand. I would recommend you just one thing - medical shampoo. Nothing else can be that effective and helpful like this type of shampoo. 

Hey,

Did you happen to get the problem solved? if so what were you diagnosed with. I am currently having the same issue and mine has be lasting for months now. 

Have you researched the demodex mite? apparently most of us all over the world are host to this mite but when it gets overgrown it can cause acne, rosacea, broken cappiliaries and a variety of other skin problems. Might be worth a look for you.

I would start researching mites and scabies. You can't see the mites so its almost like they don't exist. I started getting similar bites on leg that got worse and rash like when I finally realized I probably had mites which are very contagious. They can get picked up from literally anywhere

Here are the other things that really really helped me...

1. athletes foot creme 2. psoriasis lotion 3. Colon cleanse if you do anything do those three things and throw away your cotton stuff. Buy new sheets but wash before you sleep in them and always wash your clothes before you wear them. I would stick with denim, nylon, polyester.

Athletes foot creame head to toe and alternate it with mG217 psoriasis lotion. So put one on your body one day and one on your body the next. Get rid of all products with silica. Eat ALL organic VEGGIES. Stay off DAIRY. NO SUGAR. Try probiotics, anything that is antifungal is good. Its a bacteria and a fungus. Get rid of anything that makes you itchy even if its everything. Don't talk about it with people they will assume youre on drugs even when youre not. Stay off of caffeine or any stimulants. I take three Uni key GI cleanse pills a day .. you just need a colon cleanse. I also take the Unikey Para key pills three times a day. only wear clothes that are not made out of cotton. and if they have cotton in them very little like denim. Clean the c**p out of your house. I swiffer all the time now it helps. use all natural stuff for now on and GET rid of any products with SILICA, silicone or silicate in them. Don't use that stuff you put on dogs to prevent fleas. Don't use pesticides. I literally get an all organic dog flea spray and spray it on the back of my neck and shoes. I also put Miracle Tropical Resilience lotion on. Make sure you stay away from Soil, plants and animals. There is some sort of bacteria naturally found in them that sets it off. Don't pick or itch your skin. Use tea tree oil body wash and shampoo from trader joes and the SIMPLE face wash line or anythinhg with out chemicals or silica. I had to get off proactive and cetaphil. I try to keep down the electricity in my home. Got rid of TV and don't sleep with cell phone near me. If you have an electric current with it start grounding yourself more and meditate. Exercise, pray, don't stress or it gets wores. Your not losing it. If you're on aderall or ritlan get off of it. If you smoke or drink stop smoking and cut down on drinking or quit. you are not alone email me if you have any questions or post your email up and i'll email you.. I also use pin ex every three weeks. Its a mix of a bacteria and a fungus. Ive also taken three rounds of ampicillin. Stapha malatophis or something sounds similair to it.. who knows who cares what it is just do what i wrote up here and you'll get better. Also I wash my bed sheets every other day or every three days. I don't use cotton products or eat GMOS hint hint. lets just say what I typed before was deleted and my computer crashed so lets not get into what it is lets come together and stay strong and help others heal from this. We are not dilusional or mental. Sure we get a little nuts when we have really weird stuff happening to our bodies. It will be okay pray to your higher power for strength and post your email here I"ll email you back and we can talk aobut it. It helps having someone know what you're going thru. I know a few people that have this too. I've learned to not stress out. Pray every day and I thank god for all the things I'm grateful for. I make sure I force myself to eat and get enough sleep. HUGS Focus on the light and positive things. It feeds off of negative energy, electricity, cotton and a few other things but just be sure to stay positive. Journal and reach out for others that have it.
I forgot to ad the sulfur soap helps from Rite Aide, scrub the body, rub your body with the palms of your hands to have your skin flake off and that other stuff that comes out. Drink a tone of water.

I would recommend a look at fungal infection. I had a similar affliction and was sent down the road of bacterial , microfilarial, and demodectic infection. Finally a treatment for fungal/yeast infection cured it.....slowly! Most medics seem to  only  consider tinea  in its  various forms as  "fungal" There are  many  more out there  but just not so common ( theoretically).

I need info

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

What kind of fungal treatment did you use?

Hello? Im having an outbreak of demodex I believe it was a cause of bad living from Ritalin drinking and smoking. I've stopped all and apply hand sanitizer all around my face and body liberally in rubbing motions and it pulls these dermodex notes out by numbers. The first day I did this it took hours of rubbing and I just have rubbed out over three hundred. After my hand would get grainy I would look and the mites would be pale colored round tiny tiny wormy looking things. I would rinse my hand and repeat. Before bed I changed all linen and wrapped my pillows in kitchen cellophane and then clean pillow cases. I wash all clothes and linen in borax and organic liquid detergent. Tea tree oil and shampoo for hair or ketocanozle shampoo. Sugar is a definite surge for them. But GMO? Please I would like more info. If o think you are talking about what I believe you are in getting on the dark web now to make sure I am not just delusional. Have you ever seen that movie bug? In a simpler version though, I believe this is a creation of man put in our man made or man grown produce that makes bacteria form in our baddies. I do think this is what causes cancer. Please google God Cured Me and Gnostic Warror

I'm suffering here too. My dog oddly and I have something similar. I have 6 ppl 2 dogs and 1 cat in my home. NOBODY but me and my pooch Jane this. I thought scabies (worst case senario's is my specialty, lol) after hrs and hrs of Reading up on these I called my vet, since my puppy and I were up ALL night for a week. He did a scraping, never actually told me what he saw, but said since I really believed that was it, he gave him a medicine in an oral form and told me to call him in a cpl days. It has helped him somewhat, but looks like he got a few more itchy spots since then. He told me to treat the house as if it was scabies and for me, go to dr. I have had this in my head, for almost 2 months, and these 'bits' across my back at the top of the shoulders and a few on my upper arm.
I feel like I am losing my mind. My family is ready to commit me because scabies is sooo contagious and no one else has anything like this. Now after I just typed this, I'm sure you are feeling the same lol. 
With many thanks
H. Tate

I feel your pain! I too have been having skin problems(mostly on my hands) as well as my dog! Me and my dog have been to 3 different doctors each. The last vet I took my dog to did a skin scraping and found a demodex mite so she treated him for it. She also told me that she knew someone whose hands looked like mine and it was a fungal infection. I also have the bites on my hair line on the back of my head. I did a treatment for mites and now I have a few bumps on my chin. So I feel like it is the mites and they moved up to my face when I did the first treatment. I am going to repeat in a few days.
Everyone thinks I'm crazy too so don't feel all alone. No one else in my household is affected either. Since this type of mite is present and it is when they become large in numbers that they become a problem, might be why we are affected and others aren't. I sleep with my dog and I pet him a lot. This has been going on with me for 8 months. Hopefully I'm getting close to getting it resolved. Good luck, I hope you are better too.

What was the name of the treatment please?

Me too,. Exactly as u wrote

This Reply is Fantastic! You really took the time to help another human, Well Done