Hi! I have been told that I have folliculitis. What is cause of folliculitis? I every day shave. My doctor said to me that shaving aggravates condition. If you know something about this please tell me.

Hello there.

There are two different causes of folliculitis.

First, you should know that this is something that is very common.You can notice them very easy.

So, like I have told you, there are two basic categories of cause of folliculitis, infections and all other causes of hair follicle inflammation.

It can be caused by bacteria, by fungi, different viruses, herpes, and parasites. 

Also, in case if you didn't know, very poor body hygiene also can cause it. 

Shaving is also one of the cause so I would recommend you to stop with this a little bit, you really should not do this every day because it irritates your skin. 

I also had folliculitis. I had pimples on my neck. You must be taken this seriously folliculitis can return, that happened to me. Folliculitis is inflammation of one or more hair follicles. The cause of folliculitis is damaged hair follicles by friction from clothing, blockage of the follicle, or shaving. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria staphylococcus. Shaving aggravates the condition. Avoid reinfection from contaminated clothing and washcloths.