Hi, I am 28 years old and I really want to be a mom. I’ve been trying to get pregnant for the last couple of months, but nothing is happening. I thought it would be much easier. Do you know how long does it take to get pregnant?

Well, it depends on many things, and no one can tell you precisely how long does it take to get pregnant. Some of the important factors that can affect your fertility are your age, reproductive and general health, and when you have intercourse. Few months of trying is not much, and you certainly have chances to become a mom. You should avoid all the things that cause infertility, such as smoke, high caffeine intake, alcohol, stress and marijuana. It also depends on your partner if you’re going to get pregnant. He should avoid the same things as you, including steroids. To become a mom as soon as possible, you can learn to pinpoint exactly when you ovulate. That includes the right temperature of your body and the right timing.

I understand your frustration. It took me 4 years to conceive my boy. But my infertility is specific (high FSH)

a book that really helped me is "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility". I think every menstruating woman should read it. :-)
Because you are under 30, the doctor will probably say keep trying for one year and then he (or she) will do tests. (blood tests on cycle days 3 and 21-depending on your cycle length) and a sperm analysis on your partner.

using ovulation predictor sticks are useful too (saveontests.com are the cheapest I've found)

if you have regular periods/cycles, estimate when your next period will be and count back 10 to 14 days and get busy those days. :-)
Also, you can go by your cervical fluid (some people call it discharge) if it's slippery, it's fertile and the right time for relations.
If you don't already, it's good to chart your cycle, marking when you think you ovulated. The days following your ovulation (luteal phase) are important, they should be at the very very minimum 10 days but best to be 12-14. Every woman is different but every woamn's luteal phase tends to be the same from month to month.

good luck and I hope your dream comes true!