Hello, guys. My little girl had some stomach problems. We took her to the doctor. After several tests, she was diagnosed lactose intolerance. Doctor explained me something about the disease. I would like to know if it is possible to improve body’s ability to produce lactase. I would really appreciate all your replies.

Hello. I am afraid my answer is negative. You cannot improve body’s ability to produce lactase. But, if you follow the rules, you can avoid symptoms of lactose intolerance. There are also tablets with lactase enzyme. They have enzyme lactase that is important for digestion of lactose – milk sugar. They are usually taken before meal. They’ve helped to a lot of people. You should consult your pediatrician about all this. I hope I’ve helped. Bye!

Hi There,
I am not sure how possible is this. I know that some people are just born with no enzyme that will help them digest lactose. This is why people are allergic to milk and all dairy products. I think that the best thing here is to avoid all products that contain lactose in order not to have any problems. I think that her digestive system will not be able to cope with any lactose. I think that you can talk to your doctor about this but in my opinion he will tell you the same thing. I hope that this helped you in any possible way.

All the best,
Danella

Lactose intolerance is not an alergy

I had mine fixed. Had to find a donor for small intestine replacement though.