i was finishing my run last thursday when i started to feel pain in my right, outer (on the side) foot, about midway between the little toe and ankle. I finished my run and afterwards it felt OK But as the day went on, it came back, got worse and by bedtime my whole foot hurt and i could hardly walk on it 8O the next day i wore my running shoes and that seemed to alleviate some of the pain, but it is was still painful to walk on..... any ideas??? it has gotten better and i've been wearing my running shoes 100% but i'm afraid it will come back next run, m/b worse

Is it a sharp pain? And can you really feel it when you stand on your tip-toes? Is it on the lateral side of the bottom of the foot? Or on the side of the foot? Could be a stress fracture in your 5th metatarsal or it could be tendonitis where your Peroneus muscle attaches to your 5th metatarsal. There are three heads to this muscle: brevis, longus and tertius. Peroneus brevis and peroneus tertius both attach to the lateral aspect of the 5th metatarsal. Peroneus longus goes under the arch of the foot and attaches on the 1st metatarsal. This muscle aids in eversion of the foot, which means it helps in turning the foot outward. You wrote in an earlier post about pain in your right leg on the outside. "Above the ankle on the right side". Could quite possibly be the same thing. I have a great diagram sitting in front of me. Give me a day or two and I'll somehow send it to you digitally.