Hi everyone, new here, and hoping to get some opinions. I am planning on going to the sports medicine clinic next week, but I thought a forum of experienced runners might also have some helpful information for me.

So: not knowing that I had a long-standing case of Lyme disease in high school, I ran, though it was VERY difficult and painful. I stopped in college and have barely exercised since. (I am now 29, in grad school)

But I started working out again recently, and I'm already feeling tons better. I now have the goal of becoming a runner again. The problem? I have a few chronic illnesses. The Lyme turned into fibromyalgia, which is a chronic all-over pain syndrome. I also have a genetic condition called Ehlers-Danlos, which means I'm double jointed and my joints are unstable. And plantar fasciitis. Plus, I have (well-managed) narcolepsy!

The fibro and narcolepsy are both made BETTER by exercise. But they also make it more difficult to accomplish. And because of the Ehlers-Danlos, I sprained my ankle this morning on my warm-up walk! I guess I'm down for the count for a few days. :(

I'm determined to pull this off. I am going to start with a walk/run interval plan. Any advice toward that would be greatly appreciated. I want to be very healthy and I LOVE running, which I'm sure you relate to.
Do you think ankle braces would protect my ankles? Should I be icing after every workout?

Does anyone else have fibro? How has it affected your running and vice versa? I'm super excited but I want to go slowly and make sure I do it right. Wish me luck!