I see other threads on foot pain and checked them out. :)

I'm sure this is nothing. I think my old pair of running shoes just needed to be replaced and I ran a hard 10K (hard for me) a few days ago and me left foot is sore on the right side above the heel. The heal is a little sore also. Its getting better. I've been icing it and taking ibuprofen.

On Sunday it felt MUCH better. So I risked a light 4 mile run in brand new running shoes (a really good pair with inserts). But the pain is back.

I can tell that its going away a little, but now I guess I should give the foot more of a break than I did before. How long do you take off from running after something like this and after you feel its getting better?

For me, I use a "3-mile walk test". The injuries I've had, whether foot or leg or joint, all seemed to be ready for running again whenever I can honestly walk 3-miles, pain/ache-free. And I think you've got to be honest with yourself too. If you get some kind of slight pain, but are still tempted to push it, I'd wait. A few days rest is a small price to pay versus having to be on the bench for many weeks should you end up fracturing or inflaming something.

Thanks jr. Thats sounds like a good test.

I was a little too over zealous which is why I am where I am at right now. I was thinking "Man just 4 miles and I'll have my 25 in for the week. And I'm feeling better today. I'M GOING FOR IT!"

DOH!