Hey guys. My first time jogging again was just last week where I literally fell to the ground after my jog of not even a mile yet, just 0.86 based on Nike+ Running app. It felt like I was breathing through a straw and my legs was in agony. I puked 3 times, twice in the toilet and once in the sink. Well here's the story.

I used to be able to jog 9 miles 4 years ago when I was 19, that was when I was still in the Marine Corps. I stopped running since my discharge and picked up smoking 2 1/2 years ago. I am picking up running again just because I was reminded of how fun and enjoyable it was. I started back up again last week. I ran 5 times within the past week and can still not jog a mile without having to stop, even just for a little bit by taking 10 steps walking then running again.

What do you guys suggest I do besides dropping the cigarettes, haha. I know, I can't quit, not now. Maybe down the road when I can actually jog 4 miles. That will push me to stop smoking due to the motivation of running. How long do you think it'll take me to be able to run a 5k again if I put enough effort into it by attempting to jog really hard like 5 times a week?