Hello, I have finally realized the severity of my situation, I am 25 years old and I have about 15 kilos of extra weight. I know that I have to reduce those now, because I don’t want any health issues that might happen because of this in the future. I think that jogging will help and I need some tips for the total beginner. Can you help out?

definitely get a good quality shoe!!! If you don't, you may be doing your body more harm than good. A good show will support your back and knees while you jog out. And yes ditto to what clemens said with clothes.

Start out slow, don't push yourself too much at first, you need to ease into it.

A good way to keep energy up is to have some music playing with you too :-)

and ALWAYS ALWAYS! carry water!

Well, you should know that jogging really is a good thing, but you should not overdo it. You should start with the short distances, perhaps with some walking pauses. Also, your clothes have to be made of cotton, no polyvinyl or something similar and it must not be tight, the skin has to breathe properly.

Definitely start out slow, but keep it consistent. Don't run on consecutive days, give yourself a day of break between your jogging days. Do about 3-4 times a week. For the first week, don't exhaust yourself. Lets say you do two laps or a couple of loops around the block. You will feel the stress on your heart and your lungs will hurt the first time, but it will get better and better. As weeks go on increase the number of loops or the time you spend jogging. Set your own goals and don't look at anyone else. Try not to run right after you eat and not to eat right after you run.
Good Luck! :-D

Great that you want to do this. :-D

I suggest you also think about doing some exercises for your core - if you can do 15 minutes say three or four times a week with a stability ball that would be great. When yor core is strong, you are lighter on your feet, so running is easier. You look better too, so it's highly motivating, and you protect your back ... gosh, excuse me, I need to go and get the stability ball out right away!

Jane

The best time to jog in the morning.Jogging is running forum of exercise that burning calories.So as a first jogging tip, make it a habit to go to bed early and walk up early.The most important tip is a pair of jogging shoes.Jogging Shoes should not be a tight.Carry a walkman along. Music helps relax the mind.