I have been on suboxone for about 4 yrs.  I started on 8mg.  I finally went down to 2mg.  About 3 months ago I started cutting the film in half, taking 1mg.  About 4 weeks ago, I started cutting the 2mg strips into to 4 strips.  I will take my last strip tomorrow.  When should my withdrawal start?  What symptoms can I expect?  I am so angry at myself for even getting on suboxone for my vicoden abuse.  I have cold turkey withdrew from vicoden at least 4 times a long time ago.  I can remember it took about a week to feel better on the vicoden withdrawal and I had worked up to 50 vic's a day in a period of time.  I should have just cold turkeyed it since I was not taking near that much vicoden when I got on suboxone.  Also, I heard if I can get a script for clonidine  ( or cataprese patch) it will help.  I already have high blood pressure and take norvasc 10 mg and lisinipril 10 mg every day and my bp is still a little high.  I am scared to death.  Can you die withdrawing from suboxone?  Someone please respond and help me.  Thank you very much.

first off you won't die however, it will be as bad as you can imagine.  I jumped at .05 and the wd started after 24 hrs but the worst was day 4 morning.  its extremely difficult not necessarily from the discomfort. it's the psychological.  You will have no energy and I don't mean just tired I mean you will not even have energy to get out of bed.  You can do it but its not going to be easy.  You should expect to be pretty crappy for at least two weeks.  Then it will slowly get better but you will be frustrated at the slow pace of recovery.  I'm not trying to scare yoyour if you prepare and understand that it's a very very long drawn out process you will have a better chance at success.  I was on suboxone for 2 years and tried to jump off three times and failed,  longest was 10 days.  I'm now on month 6 and I'm free of the suboxone but there are still days that I am very lethargic.  

Thank you for you input. If you pray, please pray for me. If not send out your positive energy to me. I have to do this. I don't have insurance and I cannot afford the cost to stay on suboxone. I really want my life back. I would appreciate any other comments. Thanks to this comment very much.

I took my last strip of a 2mg suboxone and so far I am not detoxing. It has been about 24 hrs. Do some people start detoxing later? Thanks alot for your input.