I have been wondering about this ever since my friend's doctor told my friend that he is suffering for bulimia. He told him about some things that he should do in order to get his life back together and he also told him that he needs to be on a certain meal plan in order to recover from this. 

Now, I understand this, but my friend can't switch to a new meal plan just like that. I need some guidance here in order to help my friend, please, I want to know as well how exactly is this going to help him.

This is kind of a weird question, Guest.

Bulimia is an eating disorder, therefore, the best way to fight this is with a good meal plan.

There's more to fighting bulimia than just having a good diet plan. Since bulimia means that you are overeating, a good diet plan would include foods that you need to eat and amounts of it that you should eat.

However, another big thing when it comes to treating bulimia is learning how to eat properly. Do you know that a healthy person should chew everything he eats for 30 times before he swallows it? It gets to be 100 times for unhealthy people.

Nina is right, how can a meal plan not be an effective tool for bulimia recovery, you don't make any sense.

Bulimia is an eating disorder and how exactly do you think you are going to recover from an eating disorder if not making a new meal plan for yourself?

Recovery for bulimia (and other eating disorders as well) includes talking to a psychologist (this goes to be something like 2-3 times a week) and consulting a dietitian. It is also recommended that people recovering from bulimia start going to the gym but this doesn't have to happen immediately upon starting the recovery.

It is very important. You basically need to turn your life around if you want to completely recover from bulimia. This isn't easy at all and weak people, mentally weak cannot do it and are likely to fail.

Eating disorders are always so hard to handle. You have probably heard about people suffering from anorexia who were unable to pull themselves together and fight it, and who sadly died eventually due to this disorder. It goes the same for bulimia, you might not die, but it is so hard to recover. Meal plan is just the first step towards the recovery, you know.

Good day there.

Look, it can and it is the most important thing. Meal plan is the most effective when it comes to bulimia recovery. But it can be tricky and this needs doctor attention. And why? Because foods are often eaten abnormally, it can be difficult for a person recovering from bulimia to begin normalizing their eating habits without some sort of guidance and that is why you need to see doctor about this.

Working with a professional treatment team is a crucial part of overcoming and recovering from bulimia, remember this. 

I hope that everything will be fine.

Hello everyone. Eating disorders are really hard to handle. I was not even aware that I am having problem with bulimia but than I went to see my doctor and he told me that I am really sick and that I need to do something about this. He helped me a lot. It is very important for you to find someone who can help you deal with this issue. It is important for you to find a good dietitian who is a professional and who can create a proper menu for you. You need to know that a registered dietitian can create a basic outline to help guide a person in recovery in terms of how frequently to eat throughout the day, number of servings of each food group that should be eaten. At least, he did it for me and he helped me. I would not create menu alone. Not a chance.

I totally agree with you, but you should know that there are some people who cannot afford a dietitian for themselves. They just don't have money and we should try to give them some simple menu plan. For example, these simple eating disorder meal plans are usually designed for 3 meals and 3 snacks per day. You should eat them every three or three and a half hour. Now, each sample menu plan incorporates different requirements for each exchange and includes proteins, starches, fruits, vegetables, fats, and dairy and you should make yourself a plan that you will try to follow. Try it!

Hm...I can't say that I don't agree with you, but there is nothing more important than your health, and you should know it. I paid and I am not saying that I had money at this moment. But I am not sorry because I went to see a professional. OK, I do have some experience with this and I do agree that we should help each other about this, so I am going to tell you what I was eating in my eating plan. For example, for breakfast I was eating bananas with cereals and milk. For snack I had some fruit shake with proteins. Thank, for lunch I was eating turkey breasts with carrots and snack again - almonds. For dinner I was eating apple and drinking yogurt. But that was MY plan, I can't guarantee that this eating plan will be good for you as well.

Hi.

I agree that menu is not the same for everyone, so it is a little bit silly to give someone meal plan that will not be effective. Well, you don't know that. Maybe it is not effective for different persons. 

Anyway, you should definitely know that there is no replacement for the professional bulimia help that therapy and support groups can provide to you. You should definitely forget about it. You should definitely choose to work with therapist that can help you create your meal plan.

I do know that this is very hard to handle, but you need to be strong!

Good luck!