I have always considered myself a healthy man. I have never had any problems with my body and have been feeling great. However I had to undergo a thorough medical examination in order to get another job. The doctor found out that I have high blood pressure. Is that a problem?

Hi Townie,

It depends upon how "high" your blood pressure is but in general - yes it is a problem.

It can damage the heart and kidneys.  It can lead to stroke.

What is your BP?  Don't go off of one measurement either.

Well, it could be. Then again, it doesn’t have to be. It largely depends on you. You have to adopt healthy lifestyle. No more hamburgers, fries, bacon, mayo, junk food, etc. You have to power up whole grain cereals, fruit, vegetables (with plenty of garlic), non-fat dairy products, fish, polyunsaturates (cold pressed flaxseed and sunflower seed oil), vitamins (especially vitamin C) and minerals (especially magnesium)…Your blood pressure will in time return to normal. Meanwhile beside changing your diet you have to engage in some physical activity like walking for instance. 7 hours of brisk walk a week will do wonders for your health. You also have to take any prescription drugs your doctor recommends to you.