I'm 16 and found out two days ago that I'm pregnant with my boyfriend of 3 years child. I would like nothing more then to have my child and give it up for adoption for someone who would be able to care for him better then a girl who's still in college and a would struggle to even afford a little onsie for them. However I'm meant to be having an operation next week that could potentially save my life, so therefore I have to have an abortion however I don't know whether the abortion will interfere with my health making me unfit for the operation does anyone know? Ps please don't have a go at me for having to give it up as if I don't have the operation the baby could be deformed or die anyway as I am sick after everything I eat and as a result have heart problems and malnourished.

Hi Bluebirds,

Ask your doctors.  Don't wait until you're ready to have your surgery, let them know about your pregnancy NOW.  You really don't want to surprise them with this.

Depending upon the surgery it can be risky for you or the fetus.

Ive just been to see my gp (one of the most scariest things I've ever done) and he said because the surgery is on my stomache its shouldn't effect the fetus however he told me I needed to tell my mum which Im going to hold off on for now as she's on anti depressants at the moment. But I just rang and booked my consultation for the termination. Next to do is speak to my surgeon